What You Can Teach Kids and Teens About Drugs and Drug Addiction
Having kids these days could be quite difficult. Raising them to be healthy and informed is even a greater challenge. Throughout our lives, we are constantly learning about math, science, literature, and many other subjects but rarely do we get an education on how to parent adolescent kids, teens and children.
Here is a great article by Kitt Wakeley on “7 Things All Children Should Know (and can understand) About Drug Addiction.”
According to Wakeley, there are numerous tips and facts you can discuss with your child to prevent drug use:
- teen drug leads to addiction
- drug use starts before high school
- underage drug use could lower your IQ
- prescription pills are the new gateway drug
- inhalants (huffing) cause permanent brain damage
- using substance hurts you academically
- underage drinking puts you in dangerous situations
As a parent, it is important to sit down and teach your children about substance prevention. It is important to take charge of this matter before they experiment, otherwise there can be susceptibility and it might be too late at that point.
I have compiled my own list of at-home drug screening test kits that would benefit any parent or guardian embarking on a quest for a drug-informed and drug-free child within their household:
- The 10-Panel Dip test is an easy-to-use dip in urine device trusted by clinics, hospitals, and law inforcement agencies to get a preliminary reading on possible drug metabolites in the system.
- All-in-One T-cup test is an all-in-one simple to use urine cup device that is has the most diverse panel of different drug metabolites and also screens for adulterants.
- 12-Saliva Test is a saliva swab test that uses the donors saliva to determine drugs in the system without the need for messy urine samples.
For the full article discussed above click here: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/life/things-you-wish-your-children-knew-about-drug-addiction/article_dc218df2-38da-55c9-bb58-077b2476dd55.html